The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is a regulatory body constituted by an Act of Parliament to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the growth of, and to regulate the securities market, as well as for matters relevant to or incidental to the securities market.
SEBI’s Information Technology Department (ITD) is responsible for developing, managing, and enhancing the organization’s information technology (IT) infrastructure, systems, and services. These IT systems not only help SEBI with internal process automation and decision-making, but they also help with capital market monitoring and supervision. SEBI’s IT systems also communicate with a variety of market participants, including Mutual Funds, Brokers, Portfolio Managers, Investment Advisers, and so on.
The Interns accepted under this program would be given an opportunity to work on different Information Technology (IT) projects including Data Analytics (DA), regulatory business processes and reporting, and FinTech at SEBI. Such projects will provide an exceptional opportunity to the interns to apply their IT and DA skills while gaining valuable exposure to the functioning of the Indian capital markets.
Duration of Internship
The internship program is proposed to be for a contiguous period of minimum 1 year which may comprise of either 2 semesters and 1 summer / winter internship period or 3 trimesters and 1 summer / winter internship period or fulltime internship for a minimum period of 6 months.
Candidates for this programme must be:
a. A student pursuing a full-time MBA/MCA/MTech or equivalent degree or diploma of a duration of two years from an eligible institute, and
b. Holding a full-time graduate degree in engineering or a BCA degree, and
c. Having a strong aptitude for computer programming and data analytics. A basic understanding of financial markets is desirable but not mandatory, and
d. Having minimum 60% aggregate marks at graduate level or equivalent CGPA, and
e. With age not more than 30 years as on 01/01/2022, and
f. Candidate should be an Indian citizen only.
The interns will be assigned to the SEBI headquarters in Mumbai.
- Monthly Stipend (INR) for interns undergoing internship at SEBI for 3 days in a week – Rs. 25,000 / month
- Monthly Stipend (INR) for interns undergoing internship at SEBI for 4 days in a week – Rs. 30,000 / month
- For interns undergoing full time internship at SEBI for a minimum period of 6 months – Rs. 50,000 / month
- Only outstation candidates will be offered unfurnished shared housing, which is subject to availability. In the event that the accommodation is not accessible, no further charge or refund will be made.
- Public holidays as observed by SEBI.
- Lunch at SEBI office.
- A certificate of completion of internship program by SEBI.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline to apply for this internship is 6th August, 2022. (Deadline Extended – Click to view the notice)
How to Apply for this internship?
To apply for the SEBI internship, click here.